Measuring your Head for a Wig
Before you measure, make sure to flatten your hair, use a cloth tape measure and do not pull the tape measure, just rest it over or around your head. Pulling stretches the tape and will give you the wrong size.
1. Measure around your head at the hairline. The "around your head" size of every wig can be adjusted up to 1" larger or smaller to ensure a secure fit. The tape should be just above the ear and along your natural hairline
2. Measure your head from the nape over the crown to the top of your forehead where your natural hairline is.
3. Measure your head from the top of one ear, over the crown to the top of the other ear. choose the correct Size.
Wig Sizes Around the head, Front to Back, Ear to ear
- Ultra Petite Child 18 - 19", 12", 12"
- Petite 21", 13 & 1/4", 13"
** If your size falls between Ultra Petite and Petite you should order Petite, otherwise the wig will slide off. You can always alter areas to a smaller size.
- Petite/Avg 21 & 1/4", 13 & 3/4", 13 &1/4"
- Average 21 & 1/2", 14 & 1/4", 13 & 1/2"
- Avg / Lrg 22 & 1/4", 14 & 3/4", 13 & 3/4"
- Large 23", 15 & 3/4", 14"
Large Must not be larger than the three measurements above .Large cannot be 23", 17", 15" or varied. If you try to fit a large head size in a measurement that is so to speak, an example; 17" hairline to nape the wig will slide up and pucker at the crown. No matter how much money you spend. Any measurements larger than Large (size shown above) must be custom ordered. This is true for all manufacturers.